Monday, November 03, 2008

Day 15

WE ARE HOME!!!  Ecstatic does not even start to express how we are both feeling.

Last night was a little rough.  I had gone back to the hotel to grab a shower and check out in anticipation of our departure.  In the hour it took for me to pack up and shower, my car was broken in to.  Yep, I'm serious.  Whoever it was got a bunch of clothing, two of my winter jacket and Bink's escape clothes.  The only two things about which I was really upset were Bink's game day hat and the jewelry that Bink had given me for my 30th birthday.  Fortunately a few items were recovered and about 5 minutes ago I finally went through what was returned and am happy to report that the game day hat is not lost.  PSU is still being supported by Bink's hat that his namesake gave him almost two decades ago.  He wasn't worried about the hat, he was just happy to be on his way home.

Among the things taken last night, my house keys and apartment keys.  In the line of fab people that have helped us out through this, Andy Wray came over and changed our locks.  So, for all of you out there with keys, FYI.

I am pretty excited about crawling into my own bed, so is Bink.  Take care everyone.  

B. & E.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray hooray hooray! Still some recovering to do and surely some pain and soreness, but you're home, together and everything is going to be fine! If you need anything, you know our number!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear the news that you are finally home! Enjoy your own bed!

Love,

Dan and Michelle

Anonymous said...

Okay I am out of it for a couple of days and all kind of things happen! I am so glad to hear that you are home, I am sure that you are over the moon! Even better that Bink is seriously on the mend. I will call you when I am no longer on pain medication!