Sunday, November 09, 2008

Lessons Learned

I am starting to step back and think about the things I have learned through this experience.  I thought I would share a few of the general things I am taking away from this whole experience.

1. Do not put off preparing legal documents.  We have been talking, since we were married, about drawing up wills, power of attorney, etc.  We always assumed that because we were relatively young we need not worry with such things.  WRONG!  If you have not done these things, stop putting them off.

2. Never underestimate the strength of your friends and family in a crisis situation.  When you feel like you are going to lose your mind, they will be there.

3. Sleep is overrated.  I know that new mothers have told me this, but having not yet had children I did not get this.  Adrenaline will keep you going.  On the flip side, not sleeping will catch up with you so do what you can to catch a few zzzz's.

4. Wedding vows are more than words.  You never know when they will be tested.

Trust me when I say I have learned many other things, but thought I would share these.

E.

1 comment:

Kim said...

chris is going to his Legal Office today, thank you very much. :-)