Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day 1

Can't sleep, so I thought I would make use of my time.

Quick recap, Bink was at work and somewhere along the line, the story depends on who tells it, he was standing on a 6-8 foot ladder and opened a furnace (?) and was blown back by flame/hot air.  They have said that it is a flash burn that he has.  The short is that he is in the ICU/Burn Unit at Lehigh Valley Hospital.

Long version, he has 2nd degree burns over about 30% of his body, he fractured both of his wrists, burned a cornea, fractured a vertebrae and is currently in an induced coma.  They are saying that all things considered he looks good.  They are optimistic that as a pretty healthy 33-year old that things will be okay, but they have all cautioned us about the adverse things that could happen.

I will try to keep updates regularly here.  We are in for the long haul and I want to keep you updated.

Thanks for the prayers and keep him close to your heart.

E.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're both in our thoughts & prayers, & our hearts lean in your direction. Please give Bink our love... we wish we were there to lend our support. Virginia seems so much further away today.

Love,
Chris & Eric

Anonymous said...

If you need us to bring anything to you, or do anything, please, please, please ask.
Mike & Sara

Anonymous said...

Dear Rik,
I love you both in my prayers.,and thoughs. Let me know if I can help you in anyway.
Lots of Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Get better soon bud miss u at work. If you need anything let me know and i will help u as much as i can.


Eric DeArment

Anonymous said...

I WORKED WITH BINK THAT MORNING BEFORE THE ACCIDENT,WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE FIVE MINS. CAN MAKE.PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL ME IF YOU NEED ANYTHING, MY FAMILY IS KEEPING YOU ALL IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.

A FRIEND AT WORK
DAVE W.

JEFF said...

You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers till Bink gets back. Anything I can do, I will help. Bink is truly a good Amigo. GOD SPEED.

Jeff C.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you! You know our number and you know you can ask for anything. See you soon!

Love,
Brian, Kelly & Gage

grammy said...

I worked on the machine behind were it happened. I am thinking of him and wishing him a full and speedy recovery. May God Bless you both through theese times.
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Bink and I graduated from Indian Valley together. My dad works with him in the forklift shop. I was shocked to hear about this and we are praying and praying for you. Know that you are not alone in your grief and fear.

Mary Ann (Weaver) Weir

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've worked with Bink since he started here & consider him a friend. My sons both know him too. You both are in our thoughts and prayers...if there's anything you think you might e-mail me at work...nyoutzy@trinitypackaging.com. Nancy youtzy