Friday, October 31, 2008

Day 11 - Unofficially as its over

Morning folks.  A little delay today on account of having spent the night at the hospital with Bink. 

He is doing well.  He has started to get up and walk to the bathroom.  He is still a bit wobbly, but over the past 12 hours that has really improved.  His poor nurse kept having to tell him to wait until she could assist him, but he was being stubborn and just wanted to do things himself.  They had put a monitor on his bed so that they would know when he was getting up without assistance. Needless to say it went off many times through the night.

We have started to hear the nurses say that they hope to have him out of the hospital by early next week at the latest.  Best case I think would be Sunday.  He is really anxious to get home and I think will do whatever he can to speed up the process.  It seems the major concern is his balance and stability.  Knowing Bink he will have that licked pretty quick just through pure stubborness.  

They said that once he was extubated things would pick up.  They weren't kidding.

Take care everyone. 

E.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA! I am so happy for both of you. I know it's still a long road ahead, but all in all, things long great! Can't wait to see both of you!

Anonymous said...

That's great!

Love,

Dan and Michelle

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news, we hope to get up to see you next weekend, sounds like we will be visiting at home instead of the hospital, woohoo!! Love ya, Heather and Matt

The Collins Family said...

E, I finally had the chance to catch up on you and Bink this afternoon. I am so glad to hear that he is up and moving about -- thank God.

Please know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers and that I'll continue to think of you both each day. Call if you need anything from me.

Sheri

Anonymous said...

Hi Bink, I know you wanted a turkey for thanksgiving, but there is no need to cook yourself,just kidding of course. We are glad to hear you are doing much better. I don't take care of many burn victims since I am out of the ER, but I've seen much of them there, and know it is very painful. Take care of yourself and get healed up. You have to be in decent shape for next years rendezvous wherever it may be. Good luck and God Bless you. Dennis and Karen