Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 8

It was officially a week today that all things went down.  He looks so much better than he did a week ago, but we definitely have a way to go.

He was starting to move around a bit more today.  He is still out, but he was running a marathon around his bed.  He kept propping his leg up and kicking his pillows around.  At one point in the day as they were adjusting him I saw him open his eye for about 30 seconds.  His eyes are still swollen, but at least he gave it a go.  I was really excited about that.  I never thought that seeing him open an eye would be so exciting.

They are running some tests, but think he may have pneumonia.  They are not too concerned at the moment, but are giving him antibiotics and suctioning him regularly.  (He really hates that, see the post below for the comment on his gag reflex.)  They hope that when he is extubated in the next day are two, are able to remove his collar (he has been in a stabilizing collar since he was in Lewistown just to make sure there were not additional injuries to his back/spine) and are able to get him to sit up that the infection may run its course a little faster.

In honor of the pic that my uncle sent out earlier, this is one of my favorite from this years trip to the OBX.


Stay tuned.  

E.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA! Glad to hear we're making progress! I'm sure it was so exciting to see him open his eyes! Thankful for small miracles:) I love seeing the pictures of Bink's smile, but the real thing is so much better! Thinking of you all day long! Take care of yourself too, Erika!

Marks

Kim said...

I too absolutely love this pic of Bink! I can also hear his chuckle when I see this! :-) -K