Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Days 9 and 10

Sorry for not posting last night.  We had a long, but forward moving day yesterday.  

They were able extubate Bink around 3 PM yesterday.  So he is awake, but not completely coherent.  He has made some really left field comments that no one quite gets, but that was to be expected.  At one point he was counting, starting at 11 and ending, 2 hours later, at 14 due to a technicality.  Who knows.  I spent the night in the hospital last night and am just now at the hotel to grab a shower and a quick nap.

Today they have removed his catheter and an A line that was in his groin.  This was done in anticipation that his neck will check out okay and he will be able to move around a little more.  A few docs need to take a look at him to assess his back and his neck before he will be cleared to move freely about the cabin.  

I doubt there will be a post tonight as I anticipate staying at the hospital again this evening. Really this is for my peace of mind so that I know he is not alone and confused at any point.

Take care everyone, I will keep you posted on how things are going.

E.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! This is Winnie Barlett from Lewistown...I am a friend of the Crawford family. We just heard about Bink....how tragic! Please tell Rusty, Sib, Laura Beth, Bink and the rest of the family everyone here at Lewistown Middle are praying and thinking of all of you. Please tell Rusty or Sib to get in touch with me or Beth...can call or email us thru the school district website.

Anonymous said...

Hello Erica
just to let you know I think of
Bink all of the time. Not a minut
goes by some one says something
and I think of bink; the things he says & does; gosh we miss him at
break time ; I also think of you
the thing's you are going through
but hang in there he's on his way
back.Hearing bink is woke up the best news I got all day. praying for you & your's
big E. Enos

Julie said...

It is so great to hear about Bink;s wonderful progress. We are keeping him in our prayers and hope that he continues on the path of healing that he is on. Hang in there.

Julie